Preston Way Residence
Preston Way Residence was designed by Osborne Architects and won the highest honor awards from AIA MB in both architectural design and sustainable performance. It has a LEED Platinum rating: LEED is the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council. The LEED platinum is the highest possible rating.
- The bottom floor and the enclosed courtyard can almost completely open up to each other, eliminating any concern about over heating, allowing the ocean breezes to permeate the house.
- The north wall of the house is 2" thick plaster to serve as an additional thermal mass to the 25% flyash concrete floor.
- Solar photovoltaic
- Thermal panels
- Zero VOC materials
- Advanced framing technique
- Complete fire/thermal densglass wrap and the elimination of shear walls through the use of hardiframes, energy star appliances
- Whole house fan, natural cool pantry storage
- Roof/site run-off water storage